Studies Find that Managed Services Help Drive IT Success
Get the Facts
The myths that surround the use of Managed Services (MS) to support IT business continuity oftentimes are fueled by misconception. As these services are adopted by more companies, the advantages become clear. Companies are:
- Minimising the cost of legacy IT infrastructure from multiple vendors
- Promoting the adoption of new and sophisticated technology for business continuity, and
- Allocating limited resources to maximising overall impact on the organization
- 74% of enterprises anticipate increased demand on IT
- 30% of IT budget has become strategic; operational expense is reduced by 13%
- 48% of companies are expanding adoption of MS
- Companies who use MS see a reduction of 25% in IT costs
IT business leaders know that demand on their current IT systems, and the need for additional capacity and functionality, will continue to increase. By outsourcing IT responsibilities, IT business leaders can shift their focus from daily task management to driving strategic thought leadership.
In fact, studies show that world-class companies commit 30 percent more of their IT budgets to advancing business processes—and nearly 13 percent less on day-to-day operations—than their less successful counterparts. These companies seek a Managed Service partner to support both IT infrastructure and platform and application needs, and to mitigate challenges associated with:
- Staffing: 42% of CIOs are concerned they are missing IT expertise
- Technology adoption: 51% of CIOs are concerned about enterprise adoption of new technology
- CAPEX versus OPEX business models: 50% of OPEX budget is lost to failed IT projects
Are Managed Services Right for You?
Think about the following questions:
- What are your biggest challenges—staffing, infrastructure, applications, platforms, devices, security?
- What percentage of time is spent on day-to-day tasks?
- Are you evaluating different deployment scenarios, such as leveraging OPEX or the Cloud?
- Do you feel you have the expertise and staff to design, deploy, and support enterprise technology?
- Have you considered third-party resources or partners to supplement your existing team or to manage specific components of your IT infrastructure?
- Are you contributing to the enterprise in a strategic way, or are time-consuming tasks detracting you from moving the organisation forward?
A Managed Services partner offers the solutions you need to address these questions by providing objectivity, an expanded resource pool of expertise, and cost-effective strategies that align with overall corporate needs. IT services are available in varying degrees. Some companies seek support with one specific IT challenge, such as on-site maintenance; others outsource all IT functions, known as IT as a Service.
Separate fact from fiction. Download: 6 Myths of Working with a Managed Service Provider or visit us at: www.black-box.eu/services/managed-services