Enterprises today face new challenges for managing and storing vast amounts of data. The growth in ‘Big Data’, the Internet of Things, a remote workforce and the massive uptake in personal devices have all had an impact on how and where data is stored, and have attributed to the proliferation of data centres.
Building an end-to-end data centre solution requires evaluation, planning, design and deployment skills, whether it is 6 cabinets in a room, or 6000 cabinets spread over a campus site.
Your service supplier should have the relevant processes in place, and the qualified staff to make the transition as simple as possible, including:
- Standardisation of processes
- Uniformity with build layouts and designs
- Certified Data Centre Design Professionals (CDCDP)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD)
- PRINCE2 Project Managers and fully trained Data Engineers
- Project engineering – AutoCAD® and Visio® with isometric renderings
- Materials control through kitting, optimum stocking, and delivery planning
- Seamless worldwide project coordination, if required.
- End-state design and build
- Containment systems
- Rack and stack
- Structured cabling – pre-terminated copper and fibre
- Environmental monitoring
- KVM solutions
- Project management
- Multi-site rollouts
- Permanent on-site Engineers and Project Managers
Black Box has more than 40 years’ experience implementing data centres throughout the world. We have a large staff of BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designers so clients can rest assured that the design will be future-proofed for their needs today, tomorrow and in years to come.
Our global footprint, extensive technical and project management resources, diverse experience and established industry relationships make Black Box a trusted partner for any data centre project.