Disorganised cabinets and racks cost time and money.
Constant staff and equipment moves and changes over time can result in your communications cabinets becoming congested, unreliable and difficult to manage.
Problems escalate if it is necessary to trace faulty or disconnected patch cables resulting in network downtime and lost productivity.
Black Box Network Services offers a complete data cabinet tidy and re-patching service to maximise the performance of your network. We can untangle years of messy network cabling, radically improve the cable management and help you take back control of your comms cabinets.
How Black Box can help you achieve a cleaner, more manageable solution:
- Audit existing cabinets, creating a patching schedule of the interconnecting leads and equipment.
- Record, label and remove all equipment, patch panels and cables.
- Provide and install new racks and enclosures or utilise existing cabinets.
- Optimise the location of switches and panels within the cabinet or rack, leaving room for future expansion and reducing patch cable lengths.
- Install vertical and horizontal cable management throughout the cabinet to allow patch leads to be added or removed easily without impacting other cables. Well-spaced cable management is key to a maintaining a bulk cabling system.
- It is important to leave plenty of space for expansion to the network. We can provide different sizes of blanking panels which also help to prevent the ingress of dust.
- Install vertical or horizontal power strips to suit the size of cabinet and active equipment within.
- Reinstate patching in line with the original schedule using short – 0.3, 0.6, 0.9m, or custom length patch leads.
- Provide colour-coded patch leads to indicate function or area.
- Work can be undertaken out of office hours to avoid disrupting your business.
Future additions and changes on the network are easier to manage and stress-free.
When it is time to upgrade active equipment in the cabinets, it can be swapped over with little effort.
Remember: only let authorised personnel have access to your IT cabinets.